Our first trailer for Avengers 4 has arrived at the height of frenzied anticipation and before the end of the year, as was previously insinuated by Marvel President Kevin Feige, and after some false alarms and fake dates. And it’s dropped a week over a year to the date from the first trailer for 2018’s Avengers: Infinity War, causing some fans alarm. But finally, we have a name.
Welcome to Avengers: Endgame.
Avengers: Endgame trailer revealed
The dark trailer opens with Iron Man in space in a ship he presumably found (and/or cobbled together) while on Titan, waxing poetic about the loss to a recording meant for Pepper Potts. Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) is a beaten man. “Part of the journey is the end,” he says.
“Thanos did exactly what he said he was going to do,” says Black Widow. “He wiped out 50 percent of all living creatures.”
“We lost, all of us,” Cap says. “We lost friends, we lost family, we lost a part of ourselves. This is the fight of our lives.”
The trailer features a lot of (beardless) Cap, but more importantly we get our first look at Hawkeye (slash Ronin?) IN YEARS. (Probably both for us and the Avengers truthfully.)
Also, let’s not forget that the first Avengers: Infinity War trailer featured footage never seen in the movie and classic misdirection. This trailer probably won’t be much different. Not that we think this shot of Ronin is a misdirect, but it certainly looks like a very different Hawkeye than we’ve seen before. Same timeline? New universe? Big questions all around.
Here are some new things we’ve learned from the trailer (and some thnigs we have questions about):
- How did SCOTT LANG (aka Ant-Man) get out of the quantum realm?!? Cap sees the smallest Avenger on a screen and says, “Is this an old message?” Feels like we’re going to be asking that question more than once. (Yes, probably a time vortex, but still.)
- Why is there no look featuring those “leaked” OG New York set photos? Are those saved for later? Were they a misdirect?
- Cap is beardless and Thor is bearded. That doesn’t necessarily mean anything, I just wanted to mention it and include a photo.
- Why does Marvel list the YouTube video as simply “Marvel Studios’ Avengers“? No second half of the name, no info, nothing. Is this a trick?
- 🚨MAYDAY: SHURI IS MISSING AND/OR SNAPPED 🚨Looks like the list of who’s been snapped has some updates.
We’re definitely still left wondering if directors the Russo brothers were trolling us with that earlier Insta full of silhouettes and ladders. We do know that the movie may be a beast in length, as director Joe Russo revealed less than a month ago it was about three hours long (at the time, that is).
Hot on the heels of Captain Marvel, Avengers: Endgame is pushed forward and now to set to open *globally* on April 26, 2019. Endgame will star… well, we think pretty much everyone who’s ever been in an MCU movie.
According to the official Marvel countdown clock, we still have 139 days to go.
Everything we think we know about Avengers: Endgame: Think Avengers: Infinity War was intense? Stay tuned for part two.
How to watch every MCU property in the perfect order: From Marvel films to the shows on Netflix, here’s the best order to experience the MCU.